Sunday 12 December 2010

‘A good man was there of religioun’ | CatholicHerald.co.uk

‘A good man was there of religioun’ CatholicHerald.co.uk


This is an interview carried out by myself with the parish priest of St Mary's, Chippenham, a town near Bath in Wiltshire. It appeared in the English 'Catholic Herald' weekly newspaper this week. Fr Millett is 81 and has been P.P. of St Mary's for over 25 years, having been 15 years in Bath before that. He taught me in primary school in the 50s (St John the Baptist primary school, Clontarf, Dublin). I had him for 5th and 6th class. He went for the priesthood in his late 30s and was ordained in 1971. The interview gives a good idea of what St Mary's parish is like, and we may compare with it our own parish of St Mary's.

I hope I have a reader out there, and any comment is welcome.

Donal (Web Sec).